USA Baseball has now filled half of the 22-man roster for the 2011 Collegiate National Team. The season starts on June 22nd with the team’s first official practice in Keene, NH. The summer schedule is set to be finalized this week and can be viewed here: LINK. There will not be team tryouts as all of the members are being invited for roster spots this year.
One of the glaring problems that I can see right now is that over half of those players already invited to the CNT could very well be participating in the College World Series (4 are confirmed, 2 are possible). That means that there will be several alternates playing in the first few games. For collectors that’s a good thing as the alternates most likely will be featured on cards!
For a look at the NCAA Baseball Tournament bracket: LINK.
We will update this page as more names are added to the roster…
CURRENT 2011 CNT MEMBERS:
- LSU freshman RHP Kevin Gausman
- TCU freshman RHP Andrew Mitchell
- Duke sophomore RHP/IF Marcus Stroman
- Florida sophomore C Mike Zunino (CWS)
- Florida sophomore SS Nolan Fontana (CWS)
- Florida LHP/DH Brian Johnson (CWS)
- Arkansas sophomore RHP D.J. Baxendale
- Arkansas freshman IF Dominic Ficociello
- South Carolina sophomore 1B Christian Walker (CWS)
- Texas A&M sophomore OF Tyler Naquin (?CWS)
- Texas A&M sophomore RHP Michael Wacha (?CWS)
Tagged with: 2011 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team, Andrew Mitchell, Brian Johnson, Christian Walker, D.J. Baxendale, Dominic Ficociello, Kevin Gausman, Marcus Stroman, Michael Wacha, Mike Zunino, Nolan Fontana, Tyler Naquin